We invite you to join us in a lifelong journey of learning and growth, to contribute to a deepening pool of knowledge and wisdom that will benefit ourselves, our communities, and our planet. ESI offers faculty and students ample opportunities for research in new and challenging fields. Colleagues and faculty investigate a broad range of topics.
Topics of Research:
- Altered States of Consciousness
- Body-Mind Healing
- Community Health and Wellness
- Contemplative Studies
- GLBT Studies
- Indigenous Language Preservation
- Innovative Outreach Programs for Elders and Returning Veterans
- Media Arts Projects with Native American Youth and Elders
- Planetary Stewardship
- Spiritual Activism
- Sustainability: Organic & In-Organic
- Transpersonal/Emergent Psychology
- Women’s Spirituality
- Women’s Studies
These are only a few of the research topics that individuals cover at Emergent. We encourage others to suggest topics of research to this ever-expanding list.
Links to Emergence:
- Emergence entry in the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Emergent Properties entry in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Emergence at PhilPapers
- Emergence at the Indiana Philosophy Ontology Project
- The Emergent Universe: An interactive introduction to emergent phenomena, from ant colonies to Alzheimer’s.
- Exploring Emergence: An introduction to emergence using CA and Conway’s Game of Life from the MIT Media Lab
- ISCE group: Institute for the Study of Coherence and Emergence.
- Towards modeling of emergence: lecture slides from Helsinki University of Technology
- Biomimetic Architecture – Emergence applied to building and construction
- Studies in Emergent Order: Studies in Emergent Order (SIEO) is an open-access journal
Whatever you can imagine, you can accomplish!